For years we have focused most of our efforts on refining different methods and materials necessary to build Low and Zero Energy buildings. Our Zero Energy Consulting services pull from the knowledge gained in pursuit of building our many and ever growing list of completed Zero Energy homes. The fact that our latest Zero Energy homes are averaging just 10% in initial cost over Standard construction, makes the choice to go green an easy one. We have found there to be an enormous Nation Wide demand for green products by informed home owners who are planning to build new. The problem is the lack of qualified builders who can or will attempt to build zero energy, and most owners dont want to be guinea pigs, while they pay their builder to practice on their home. Informed buyers want proven results and that’s what we have established. Just ask one of our Zero Energy Home Owners.
Company owners are available to consult with you and/or your local builder regarding step by step directions and assistance in choosing the right products, procedures, and mechanicals needed for your specific build. We will assist with material and mechanical selection during the planning phase of the job, we will also make site visits for hands on training in critical areas such as air seal and maintaining a true thermal break. We then inspect, test, and verify targets are reached before starting the next phase. Should there be deficiencies or problem areas, we will identify and correct them.
Through Zero Energy Consulting we will assist you with any or all of the following:
- Subsurface insulation, vapor barrier, and air barrier selection and placement.
- Framing assembly selection and application.
- Air and vapor barrier selection, location, and application.
- Air Sealing To 0.6-1.5 Act at 50 pascal. Focused specific material selection, location, and application.
- Establishing and Maintaining true Thermal Breaks.
- Insulation selection, sizing, and application.
- Heating, Cooling, Ventilation/Heat Recovery, Hot Water, and Solar, equipment selection, placement, sizing, and sourcing.
- Selection of Sustainable, Renewable, Durable, and low V.O.C. finishes.
“Conservation is a state of harmony between men and land.” -Aldo Leopold.